Our projects and events would not happen without fantastic volunteer support. Let us help you find a way to invest your time in the Sacramento Valley Conservancy’s outings and hikes on our beautiful properties!
Join our amazing group of trained volunteers to help with our docent-led activities and service projects at Deer Creek Hills and Camp Pollock. No experience is necessary, just a desire to learn about the land and to share your knowledge with the public. We provide the training. Docents must be willing to commit to a minimum of 4 outings (1 training + 3 public activities) at 5 hours per event = 20 hours a season. Most outings take place on Saturday mornings.
We are always looking for volunteers to help lead or supplement the leader on our docent-led events:
- Education tours featuring: birding, botany, history, geology, pollinators, and more!
- Equestrian rides (must have your own horse)
- Mountain bike rides (must have your own bike)
- Fitness and health outings: trail running, yoga, music
- Service Projects: gardening, invasive weed removal, renovation, repairs, facility maintenance, etc.
- Community outreach and fundraising events
Have another skill or idea? Let us know!
Docent training sessions are held in January each year. Contact Carly Amatisto, SVC Program Coordinator at 916-612-3719 or email her at email@example.com for more information.
New docents and those wanting a review will join from 10:00am – 12:00pm. Current/renewing docents will join from 12:00pm – 2:00pm. Snacks and coffee will be provided.
New Docent Application Form
Returning Docent Application Form